Rs125 Swing Arm Pivot Issue

kaighn80

Need some helps. Bolting together the frame of a prilla rs125 and a ktm engine, the frame came to me with what looked like an Allen headed bolt in the swing arm pivot, it's jammed solid, so much so that I've since snapped the side out of the head of the bolt trying to get it out ( breaker bar big Allen socket and much bastardisation of the English language) so a: what was it? B: was it important? C: what should I do to get it out now?

It's on the riders right side and seems to go into a steel piece that is pressed into the frame. Ta muchly peeps

It alters the alignment of the swingarm in the frame, usually has a lock nut on it aswell. Never all together understood why it's there, just put a new engine in my race bike so need to adjust mine soon

As 12ddy says, it's to adjust the sideways play of the swinging arm/motor. Is the swinging arm and spindle already removed? If not, undo the spindle, then undo the locking ring on the adjuster using one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.u...0#ht_391wt_1142 (Or a hammer and screw driver/chisel!)

The adjuster can then be backed off (Counter clockwise) and the swinging arm removed. To remove the adjuster completly you need to screw it into the frame (clockwise) There is a flange built into the back of it which stops it being removed the other way.

This shows how it all fits together:

http://www.apriliage...ng-arm-2433.php

Right so it'll now need removing with a drill bit, ho hum. Seems a bit of a naff idea if the bolt I've got is the right one, should start a build thread but its going to take a while to build.

Get a build thread up, the last build of one of these on here seems to have gone quiet which is a shame. Very tempted to start one of these myself after seeing how easily it slotted in

Yeah it's surprisingly easy, the main issue is where the swing arm bolts to the back of the engine, and I'm half tempted to make some ally mounts for the front of the engine, my main obstacle is finding a tank or a tank cover that I can use with the Honda rs125 fairings I've got, all in all a Heinz 57 but should be good, once it's in one piece ill sort the bouncy bits and brakes

I wouldn't of thought the standard aprilia tank would look out of place with the Honda fairings? I have been wanting to get a build thread going for some time but never seem to get round to it.....

Busted adjuster came out with the help of a big torx bit and a hammer without any damage to the frame, new one in and copper slipped so it'll come out again when I need it to, thanks for the helps peeps.

Archived