Bike Not Working

Spyder75

Raging... Sunny Sunday afternoon, wife out on a ladies lunch thing and kids with grandparents.

Go to fire the bike up and it's not working.

It's a cbr600 fx

It's been sitting for a few weeks

Battery is turning it over.

Took a few goes to get it going but it sounded rough (not running on all cylinders?)

Left it running for a minute with the choke on but revs were slowly dropping. It stalled when I gently blipped the throttle.

Have left it sitting now in case I've flooded it?

Help please? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Please bear in mind I probably have less mechanical knowledge than Jordan (Katie, not Eddie)

Having a coffee while in the huff

Probably washed it and stored it,and got water gremlins in it.If you get it started,just take it for a gentle spin,and the water will get out.Empty the carbs,and use startergas to get it going.

Took a few days to fully charge the battery as it was in a bad way.

Seems to be holding a charge now.

It's turning over but doesn't seem to want to start.

New plugs next?

If it took a few days to charge up then the battery is probably past its best. I'd try jumping it from a car, do it in short bursts so you don't overheat the starter motor though. Try it without the choke on first of all to clear it out.

Charged it in the bike for 24 hours but must have been too far gone as it didn't charge. Took it out the bike and charged it for 24 hours and its fully charged now.

Blinky green light on the optimate is telling me its holding the charge too, I think

Might swap it out anyway just to be sure...

have you tried easy start? it will at least start on one or two, easiest way to tell? which down pipe burns your hand(if poss use somebody elses hand)

then get back to us

Ray

It might be holding charge but the cells in the battery may well be fooked and just discharging when pressing the starter, new set of plugs and battery will no doubt see it right

have you tried easy start? it will at least start on one or two, easiest way to tell? which down pipe burns your hand(if poss use somebody elses hand)

then get back to us

Ray

Not tried that... Will give it a go while I'm waiting on new battery and plugs being delivered

Archived