Brembo Master Cylinder Issue

agressor

Hey Guys, I have weird issue with my Brembo RCS19 master cylinder.

Its everything fine with fluid, bleeding etc., but..... when I brake hard, lever its stiff and keep the pressure.

When I braking gentely, lever slowly loosing pressure and lever fold to the grip.

Only when I push it gently and slow lever is folding.

Why is that, any ideas? I think that it could be master cylinder seals, because its getting wet in cylinder area.

What do You think about it?

Best Regards Tom

I read on different forum that this particulary mc need to be send to Italy...

Already send email to Brembo, now waiting for asnwer, tomorrow I will call polish distributor

which is actually a foken crap...

Been the policy, not to sell repair kits, with aftermarket Brembo stuff for years.

Mode performance at Silverstone are the UK distributors, and service agents.

Racspares uk do repairs too.. There's loads to be fair

My understanding is that Racespares etc. are just dealers and that they all have to go back to Mode performance for repair, but I could be wrong on that.

Fair enough.

I found 19mm seals from cars mc, maybe it will work. I guess Brembo doesnt use some super seals.

Thinking of doing this by myself but we will see.

NO. DO NOT TRY THIS.

Ok you draw me away from trying do this myself.

just can someone explian me why it is stupid idea to do it by my own...

http://sharkshifter.com/zc/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=234_236&products_id=52&zenid=95d0308b05ad052f21eb145f10c79d3f

I must say this issue pissed me off..... really, 2 years of sunday riding and this shit is broken.

Its a stupid idea because :

You ride a fast bike and probably ride it hard because you have an aftermarket master cylinder. The seal you fit may well work perfectly, or it might work for a time and fail. You'll only know if it fails during riding and then only when you're using the brakes ...

Its a stupid idea because :

You ride a fast bike and probably ride it hard because you have an aftermarket master cylinder. The seal you fit may well work perfectly, or it might work for a time and fail. You'll only know if it fails during riding and then only when you're using the brakes ...

This is reasonable answer. Thanks for all ideas.

Archived