Quickshifter Set-Up

Pablo Pirate

Howdo!

I've fitted a translogic Q/S to my Ducati Superlight, standard road shift pattern. Has anyone any experience with set-up on these? Initially too bigger pause between up shifts, so adjusted the interrupt time (Standard is 66ms). Now I thought this would have reduced but going against the on the fly adjuster I've increased to approx 72ms. It feels alot better, however I did have the odd missed gear (Could also be the gear lever to sensor set-up), don't want to trash my gearbox and I think it's working correctly.

On upshifts I presume it should be utterly seamless?? Or is there a very slight delay?

Any advice info most welcome. I shall call there tech cell on Monday, to ensure I'm going the right way about it.

Cheers Pablo

You'll never get it exactly perfect at all revs and in all gears. Best bet is to set it up to work best when shifting up at or just past, peak power. I'd be aiming for 40ms.

When set-up correctly they are pretty smooth. To get smooth seamless changes in all gears you need a more elaborate system, which you can programme for each gear.

With QS you really need to give a positive push on the lever, which is a bit easier with race shift pattern, i.e. push down to shift up. Ducati boxes shift pretty readily with a QS usually, so anything above 50 ms would be suspect. You may not be shifting at high enough RPM, but then aircooled Ducatis won't rev that high.

Agree the race shift pattern allows a more positive shift, however wanted the road shift pattern as my poor brain can't compute and I find it easier to up shift during wheelies.

The engine is water-cooled and can rev to 10,000. The Translogic should be able to shift at constant revs and WOT (According to the dit above 2000 revs, should work)

Archived