R1 Quick Action Throttle

exuprob

Always fancied fitting a quick action throttle to my carb'd R1 as the travel is a bit long. Was wondering if there was an easier way, other than an expensive racing one off, to sort it by robbing another, later bikes throttle and fitting that instead.

Anyone done anything like this???

Always fancied fitting a quick action throttle to my carb'd R1 as the travel is a bit long. Was wondering if there was an easier way, other than an expensive racing one off, to sort it by robbing another, later bikes throttle and fitting that instead.

Anyone done anything like this???

Not on my old R1 but this sort of thing does work, just need to find out which model is the throttle grip to go for (on my ZX9R a ZX10R fits and does what you want for example (got that very setup on my ZX9R))

It's certainly do-able. On the Triumph Daytona 675, swapping the standard throttle tube for that of a 1050 sprint gives you a cheap QA throttle as the 'cam' bit of the twistgrip is bigger on the sprint. All in it costs about a tenner for the new throttle grip.

Not sure which models (if any) would do this for the R1 though, sorry dude!

i read an article on a R1 forum that showed how to increase the diameter of the original throttle tube by using a bit of plastic pipe and removing a bit of the outer throttle housing that then will foul. it is an easy mod and i have been meaning to do it myself. i will try to find the site and instructions for you. it uses the original cables. if i remember correctly the dude who did the mod was a forumite here, i cannot remember his name but he had a pink and white my little pony as his avatar (same colour as his r1!!).

I did mine with the inner from a roll of insulating tape and a hot glue gun , obviously make sure any excess is neatly trimmed off with a sharp blade ( or get an adult to do it for you ) , total cost , nowt

Archived