Blueprinting Or...

plob

Evening Folks!

Currently formulating plans for some key changes on the R1. Hoping that by 1st November it will be off the road and a shopping list will be well under way.

I was originally thinking of a general refresh of the engine, but since reading about blueprinting in PB in the late 80s, I've always wanted to get a big IL4 done.

I wouldn't be looking for any serious increase in power, more for a long life and the warm feeling that everything is working together in harmony.

So...your thoughts please! Whether it is worth it. Have you had it done? Who by? Who is good and who should I avoid?

I thank you in advance :icon_salut:

On a side note I have an exhaust sat here, in London fresh from travels from Germany :xmas:

Ross, been meaning to get in touch! In that London you say, I'll email tomorrow!

Bet Ryanair loved your new 'hat'

If you're having the motor stripped you might as well have some polite head work, a mild flowing, clean the chambers up and reseat the valves, its a bit more expensive due to the 20 valves. A kit head gasket will raise compression. Take advise from the tuner if about having the crank knifed before its all balanced.

I'm familiar with the wonders that Tony Scott worked by blueprinting engines like the RC30, however, that engine is getting on for 30 years old. With modern design and manufacturing processes resulting in (I presume) finer tolerances these days, would anything like the same level of improvement be achievable by blueprinting a current engine such as the S1000RR?

I'm familiar with the wonders that Tony Scott worked by blueprinting engines like the RC30, however, that engine is getting on for 30 years old. With modern design and manufacturing processes resulting in (I presume) finer tolerances these days, would anything like the same level of improvement be achievable by blueprinting a current engine such as the S1000RR?

No

Archived