K3 Gsxr Neutral Light Problem

bobert

A mate has just got a gixxer thou of k3 vintage and the neutral light isn't working, it still starts with the side stand down out of gear, which leads me to think it's the actual bulb (led?) that's gone.. any ideas oh wise forum?

Ummm depends on how mechanically minded you are. it will require the clocks to be removed,opened up and the offending bulb (led) replaced. If its the 600k3 try following a BLUE wire with a BLACK tracer from the rear of the clock to the fuse block.Look for any breaks in the wire.

Personally if it works ok id leave it.

Forgot to say.. although it might not be it check the gear position sensor wires that run to the fuse box as well, its a blue wire.

The gps looks like this mate.. Sometimes the wires can break,, or you get a poor contact on the copper contacts/and or the connection.

$T2eC16ZHJHkFFmD8zgTvBSElq25Rmw~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqV,!qMFH94BwplvBSElrGM0Z!~~60_57.JPG

See I tought it might be the GPS as I had a similar issue with a k7 750 but that stopped the bike from starting without the sidestand up etc. I'll ground out the bi/b wire to check the led when I get a look at it and go from there. thanks again mate.

If you were clever (and had a wiring diagram), you'd unplug the clocks and suss out which cable was for the neutral light, checking that it was getting a supply before ripping into your clocks themselves.

That's the plan- with the ignition on if you ground the negative from the neutral light (easiest place is at the relay under the seat) the light should come on.

Had this happen on my k8 750 and it turned out to be a dodgy GPS. The bike was fine, started and ran as normal, but just wouldn't light up the neutral light at all.

Swapped the GPS over (only took about 20 minutes) and problem solved!

Archived