So Yeah. Pretty Sure That Shouldn't Be There....

gsxr renegade

Spent the morning changing the plugs on my ZZR, no issues there.

When I was bolting everything back together, I dropped a bolt down near the shock.

So I grabs a torch and went looking for it, when I happened upon this little thing by the swing arm pivot, just infront of the shock.

10071081184_fb51af4114.jpg

It's hard to spot in this picture but it caught my eye, so I had a look from underneath,

10071161926_8e0a3c42d9.jpg

Yep. A fucking spanner lodged in between the swing arm pivot and the back of the frame.

Fuck knows how it got there, but it looks like it's been there a long time.

So that's my job for the weekend sorted! How to get that thing out, hopefully without having to dismantle the entire rear end of the bike.

(I found the bolt by the way :D)

That shock is so fucking filthy it is making me contemplate seppuku.

It matches the rest of the bike tbh, and since the whole thing cost me less than £300 and it's just a hack until I save enough money to get something nice, I have no intention of cleaning it. :)

one careful owner.....and you??

Lol. I've only had it for about 5 or 6 months, the guy that had it before me used it for about 2 years as a commuter.

As Rompy says, I reckon the toolkit has come loose and this spanner managed to work its way down there.

The weird thing is it doesn't affect suspension travel at all, I'd never have know it was there until I dropped the bolt.

You could always fix that oil leak whilst you are at it. :eusa_think:

:D it's not an oil leak, it's where I spilt about half a litre of petrol taking the tank off. I only found out after I took the fuel line off that the 'stop' on the fuel tap doesn't work so it pissed fuel every-fucking-where.

Just pretend you haven't seen it.

There you go I've saved you hours of fucking about trying to sort it. I could be the forum time and motion man.

It's been a while ( thankfully ) since i've played with a zzr from the past century but that ( relatively ) shiny plate above the rear shock doesn't look std Kwak , I might be wrong

I dropped a bolt putting a race fairing on my R1 years ago. Searched for ages but couldn't find the bloody thing, thought it must have rolled off under the crap in the garage somewhere so forgot about it.

A few days later I thought I had loose bearings or something strange as I kept getting a funny clunk sound and feeling under braking. Spent ages fretting about it and trying to figure it out WTF was going on, until I found the bolt rolling around in the fairing lower... :pbtwerplr3:

Mitch

Reminds me,, when I converted my rvf from road to track, it had the usual bloody useless under seat compartment thingies,, however when I totally removed the subframe two pockets either side of the pillion seat were suddenly exposed, 10 years of various coinage and assorted small teenage debris were unearthed, no spanners though, mostly pound coins, wraps and bottle caps..

haha reminds me of my k9 600 when a mate thought hed come help out while we were getting ready for a holiday at the tt (had to do stacks on my dads 750) still hear it in my head now erm tom the frame thingys gone in the frame 0.o yup haha plug for the airbox screw rattled around for a good 1000 miles haha,

hope you get it out mate an get some muck off on her :P

Archived