Tl1000S Electrics Problem

Boozybloke

Battery was flat a few days ago and wouldn't start. Had it charged up and popped it back on today, to check the reg rec and it's still not starting; just a continuous rapid clicking noise from the solenoid.

So; is the battery fucked, bearing in mind it was brand new on for the cadwell trackday 3 weeks ago and not been run since, checked the voltage with a multimeter and its showing about 11.5v

Or burned out solenoid?

Get another new battery, give it a good charge before you put it on and then check the charging.

Could be a knackered reg/rec has knocked the new battery out.

You did remember to put the supplied acid into the battery ;)

I did... like I say it was a new battery on for the trackday at cadwell, not been used since but the bike is sat outside. I put it on my optimate and it did a full cycle, then it's been sat for a few more days before I tried it. I was hoping it wasn't the battery, having not long replaced it..

I've got a feeling it is the reg/rec as well, if I jump the bike off my car and try to test the reg/rec before replacing everything, is that going to give me a fair reading or do I need a good battery first?

You should be fine, but don't leave the car leads on it for too long as that could also damage the battery on the bike too. Bear in mind that a knackered reg/rec can sometimes drain a battery when it's not running too.

Archived