Anyone Make Caliper Adapter Brackets

rossm

Got a set on my Zx9R converting it to 4 pots radial calipers from a Yamaha & they work brilliant, but as always looking to improve things and have a set of 6 pot radial calipers from a later R1 sat here, but can't find a set of adpater plates that fit the 130mm spacing they have (the 4 pots are 108mm).

Seem to recall someone mentioning that some one on here had brackets but can't remember who?

The current set up

DryFitmenttoforksaligementcheck.jpg

And what I'd like to fit

148.jpg

They're do-able but I'd need your fork lower/spindle/disc/4 pot radial and adapter/6 pot radial to measure the lot up, I'm 250 miles away, it's dark, and we're wearing sun glasses.

Oh, and they won't be cheap.

HTH :D

Mmmmmmmmm that bracket looks................interesting.

Kayla, why won't you make them? (I think I've a fair idea but would like to confirm my thoughts).

Without wanting to pee on anyone's chips, there's no point. I don't think there's any advantage over a decent set of conventionally mounted calipers in good condition with decent pads plumbed into a decent master cylinder. The blame/claim thing scares the pants off me too.

It'd make more sense to stump up for a complete (radial) front end by the time you've paid for a pair of (bespoke?) brackets.

Without wanting to pee on anyone's chips, there's no point. I don't think there's any advantage over a decent set of conventionally mounted calipers in good condition with decent pads plumbed into a decent master cylinder. The blame/claim thing scares the pants off me too.

It'd make more sense to stump up for a complete (radial) front end by the time you've paid for a pair of (bespoke?) brackets.

Have to agree. Better off getting complete setup vs caliper bracket mod.

Archived