Calipers Question

agressor

Hey Guys,

Im using Brembo 65mm, Ducati 999 4pot calipers.

Now I have option to buy Pretech 6 pot.

Which are better? I have some good TRW sintered pads, Brembo RCS19 MC and ss lines.

Braking is ok but maybe it could be better.

Should I stay with Brembo or purchase those Pretech ones?

Regards Tom

That what thought, Im using 19x20, I was looking for discs but there is nothing for me in responsible price.

So in Your opinion do not bother those 6-pot?

btw. I was reading some old article from PB about calipers, and they choose 4piston.

I've never used TRW pads, but changing them would be the easiest and cheapest thing to try as the rest of your system looks good.

Bendix MRR are my favourite for track riding, or MF for road and track

More pistons usually give a bigger pad so more area, more friction more stoppy.

But.

More pistons can give a bigger area of piston so the final ratio between your master cylinder and the final pressure at the pad might not work.

Did Brembo make billet calipers that fit ?

Brembo do not make billet calipers for 90mm size, Beringer do but 3 piston. Im using 4 pot, 32/34 Brembos with adapters.

Is there a difference between billet and regular body (I thought its only weight).

Pad area does not have an effect on the force due to friction.

Three things will increase the stopping power of your system:

1 - Increase the force acting on the pads by removing inefficiencies in the system or changing the system ratios (new master cylinder/fancy calipers)

2 - Increase the distance between this force and the centre of the wheel (bigger disc/narrow pad track)

3 - Increase the coefficient of friction between the discs and pads (change pads/discs)

I would try the third option first!

Archived