Engine Stopping.....

BT81

This bike is a pain lol..

Right here are some settings for your bike..

valve clearances Inlet 0.18-0.28 Exhaust 0.30-0.40 (if you fancy checking :biggrinvk4: ) Should be checked every 6k :icon_salut:

Compression 12-14 bar

Coil resistance Primary 870 ohms

Secondary 6000 ohms

Plugs NGK KR9CI

Gap 0.8mm

The idle should be 1150 +/- 50

Battery

Yusa YTX 14 BS

Volt/capacity 12/14

Check its charging at idle and then at 4000 rpm .

• 1 month later...

So. Update.

Actually done littw since posting as I haven't had a lot of time...

It seems to be even worse when its colder. Stalling when just changing through the gears in traffic. Which means holding the throttle a little more open

It makes sense, as when I bought the bike there were no problems in the warmer weather

Why the cold should make it worse I'm not sure

Anyhow

Was going to buy the boosterplugs, but managed to source a pc3 for not much more. And I figure I'd benefit (hopefully) from not only having the stalling issue go, but sorting out the horrible throttle response

And as I've had a custom map fitted before, I know how much more awesome a good throttle response is, then the extra couple of bhp it may bring

Next stage. Fit the pc3 .....ok. I maybe assisting on this with someone else....

And then custom map!

And hopefully. Hopefully. I can start to enjoy the bike. Just in time for. Er. Winter :-) ha

Yeah. The tps will be adjusted as well

Probably not the right way round

Though I figure that the awful throttle response that comes as std needs sorting as well !

Yeah. Makes sense about a zero map and see what happens

So. Update.

Actually done littw since posting as I haven't had a lot of time...

It seems to be even worse when its colder. Stalling when just changing through the gears in traffic. Which means holding the throttle a little more open

It makes sense, as when I bought the bike there were no problems in the warmer weather

Why the cold should make it worse I'm not sure

Like I've said, the weather is entirely incidental to why it's getting worse, you may as well be attributing its performance to the amount of food your neighbours have been eating, it's entirely unrelated: Your TPS is out of whack and is getting worse. if you really wanted to prove a point you'd persevere with it conking out until next summer, by which point it'd barely start.

Archived