Heat/petrol Resistant Clear Lacquer?

Jenny Pryde

Looking for a heat/petrol resistant lacquer that can be used to protect both bare metals and painted metal surfaces.

Any recommendations?

2 pack is what you need. Single pack aerosol doesn't work, well not for any length of time

Is it for exhausts? If so you could apply 2 pack with a brush if you don't have a spray gun. If you do have a spray gun then assuming you've not got an airfed mask and spray booth make sure you spray it outside with a suitable respirator a disposable one is only about twenty quid.

Actually according to HSE you should only spray with a airfed mask now not a respirator, but here is one. Spray outdoors so the overspray can disappear into the atmosphere and there's a chance you might not die.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gerson-2k-Paint-Face-Mask-Smart-Repair-2-Pack-Car-Industrial-Paint-FREE-POST-/221274883509?pt=UK_Body_Shop_Supplies_Paint&hash=item338502c5b5

I've used halfords PU laquer for the engine cases on my project bike. It's supposed to be for wheels but it seems durable enough, given how many times I tried to repair the bloody petrol tank.

It might be ok on the engine block but probably not on the exhaust.

Halfords do / used to do a petrol-resistant lacquer in a rattle can. Used it years ago on a black tank I'd sprayed. Worked a treat. Might have stopped doing it due to it contains kittens or suchlike now.

Archived