Help With Modifying A Swingarm.

V6Jon

I have started assembling the parts I need to so that over the winter i can change my rear brake setup to do away with the anchor sized caliper and attached torque arm.

The new setup needs a dowel attaching to the inside of the swingarm to stop the caliper hanger from spinning, and this is what I would like some help with !

I don't think welding a 3/4 inch long dowel onto the inner face of the 'arm will be strong enough and my current thinking is to drill a hole straight through the 'arm and slide a 2-3 inch dowel all the way through, leaving enough sticking out for the hanger, and then welding it to both the inside and the outside of the 'arm and the grinding it down to tidy up the bit that is visible on the outside.

Any advice / opinions / better suggestions / mockery would be welcome !

Cheers

Jon

Cheers Chris I hadn't thought off anything like that.

My main concern was the small attachment area and the quite substantial forces in play if I were to stamp on the (shiny new Brembo twin piston) rear brake.

That certainly looks easier than drilling the 'arm !!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for he offer unfortunately I am in Guernsey and hate to think what the postage would be !!

I might take you up on turning it though just waiting for winter to set in so I can remove the swingarm.

Archived