Gsx-R1000K5, Poor Sub 2K Rpm Running.

originalracingsnake

Typically I am off to Germany on the bike Friday...

Bike runs perfectly over 3k, but idling to trickling along is a pain as the bike feels like it is dropping a cylinder, worse when cold.

Bike has a DJPC3, and I have changed maps to base and tried several others so I do not,think it is a mapping issue.

TPS?

Any advice gratefully received.

Plugs, briliant. Will swap them out and see what happens. Many thanks.

Regarding TPS, I found some info for another issue I was having ( my K5 was struggling to pull past 10K rpm) that mentioned when calibrating the TPS, set it on right on the cusp of the lcd bar moving from center to upper. Gave it a try and it worked perfectly. Now it bangs into the limiter no problems......

My k6 is doing the same, ive tried new plugs, ive tried about 75 different tickover settings, fresh fuel, blah blah... Its going into my local stealers next weekend to get plugged into the matrix...!!!!

Well, I got back yesterday and after 1400 miles, it is still doing it. Worse than ever now, as tickover sees it dropping onto 3 and only picking up the latent cylinder when over 2.5k RPM. That made riding in traffic a total bastard with about 20kg of luggage strapped on the Renntec rack and pillion seat.

I'm going to change plugs anyway, even though it made no difference on yours and was going to get the TB's balanced too. Is it only the stealer that can interface with the ECU?

you can buy a 'dealer mode switch' and do it yourself

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dealer-mode-tool-Suzuki-GSXR-1000-K3-on-/251023356143?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3a722870ef

I haven't got one, but I did buy a PAIR blanking kit from this very same seller, it only took a couple of days to arrive (from greece) and was spot on.

if you haven't got the workshop manual (to decipher all the fault codes etc) then PM me with your details and I can send you a copy via a CD or pdf on email

Blip the throttle!

In t'olden days, our tachos didn't even start 'til 3000rpm and we had to carry WD40 everywhere, in case it rained and t'engine died.Kids today...tch. They don't know they're born... ;-)

Reluctantly sent my k6 into the stealers this weekend,and a new set of plugs and tb`s now balanced its spot on.....

It seems i have knackered the plugs i put in, as the tb`s were the main cause of the rough running.....

Archived