Lithium Ion Battery

1127kat

Hello, has anybody got the info I need for changing a big standard acid battery for a new slimline li/ion replacement. it's an 1100 motor so needs a decent kick start and its a road bike so needs power to run light etc... There has been a write up somewhere in the press because I've seen it … just can't remember where I've seen it.

This is something I have been considering for my SRAD, which again is a road bike with all the associated electrics, so can I chip in with another question please ?

Once you have purchased the above 8 cell LiFePO4 battery do you need to balance the charge between the cells in any way ?

I know with my RC batteries I need a balance charger, and whilst my bike will undoubtedly provide enought power to charge the new battery is it ulitmately going to wreck it ??

Thanks

Jon

I don't know. The batteries I've been using come charged and balanced. They do have a balance plug attached though shrug.gif

I use 8 cells A123 bought on ebay from China. Just soldered them together and made a pack myself and it was ready to use. Overall cost was just as regular battery. No balancing or any other tricks. Works for a third year with no problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived