Cbr 1000 Brake Discs

timbrell

I'm hoping someone who has an 06-12 blade can spare a minute to do some measuring to help me out.

I've got some Dymags that came from a 2010 BSB blade, they came with Brembo Superbike discs but I'm using them in an SP1 with standard calipers and when the pads get worn they start clipping the bobbins because they are a narrower track. So long story short I need new discs!

I'm not really flush with cash so I'm hoping that some 1000cc blade discs will fit on the wheels to save me having to get custom ones made up.

I need to know the distance between the centres of 2 opposite mounting bolts (6 bolt fitment), the swept area of the disc (the actual braking surface) and ideally the offset too. They need to be 320mm total diameter which as far as I know rules out pre 06 blades (310mm?), other than that I don't mind what year it is because hopefully there isn't too much difference between the underseat exhaust ones and the later model.

Any help would be massively appreciated and will win you loads of karma points because it will help keep me racing next year!

And if anyone is likely to want some Brembo Superbike discs I'll be selling them once I've got some new bobbins, other than that they're in good usable condition and I'm gutted I won't be able to use them been as I'll never be able to afford discs as good as these beauties! Came from James Ellison's SMR Honda, still have his stickers on the wheels and labels on the discs.

There's some good stuff on there, cheers.

It seems like the wheels are a different fitment, the offset isn't the same as the 08+ and the pitch doesn't seem to be right, they're slightly different to the mounting holes on the SP1 wheel.

Looks like I'll have to go for custom discs then unless I can find anything else with 6 bolt fitting and 101.5mm pitch. Goodbye savings!

Way ahead of you! The pad & grinder relationship has been going on for a few months; the problem is that it's a race bike and I underestimated how much harder I was braking as I upped my pace and ended up with the backing plate hitting the bobbins as the pads wore out. Not a comforting site when you come in from a race round Oulton to find that the circlips from 6 of the bobbins have littered the track!!!

As a temporary measure I might carry on like that while I'm saving up my pennies, but I'll have to scrap the last 1/3 of each set of pads to avoid any repeats of that.

Archived