Gsxr Handling Problem

Dan

Got a bit of a front end problem,when I try and change direction from left to right like coming off a roundabout,the bikes feels very heavy to turn as if it wants to carry on in a straight line

Now I've had the head races checked they are ok, I have had new tyres fitted and the guy commented on how much weight he had to add to balance the wheel,so I'm thinking it could be a damaged front wheel?

On looking at the wheel I can't see any damage,but I guess it could be knocked out of true by general road conditions and use?

Any other ideas or recommendations of places to get it checked and repaired?

It's unlikely that damage to the front wheel would show up this way if it is Ok the rest of the time. Was it Ok before you had new tyres fitted? What tyres do you have on? Some have a profile which aids turning more than others. What settings are you using suspension wise? Loads of variables here with ride height front and rear, preload, and rebound damping at the front in particular. And of course as mentioned above, tyre pressures. If you give some more info we may be able to

help. I guess the model of GSXR would be useful too.

It was fine before the tyres which Are rosso2's were fitted,I haven't changed any suspension settings,I'm just thinking its the front wheel as the tyre fitter commented he had to put the most amount of weights on the wheel to balance it.

04 gsxr 750

Chubbster get your wallet out you can have it,be easier than changing bodywork again!

Ok . What pressures are you running and what tyres did you have before? I run Rosso's on one of my bikes with no problems.

Have you checked the tyre pressure? It sounds as if it needs more.

If not, take the front wheel off and check to see if it's true.

Also check to see if the fitter has wrongly fitted the wheel spacers and spindle. It can happen.

Are they the same tyres you had on before? If not then perhaps they just handle differently? When I changed brands I nearly crashed into the first roundabout I came to! I dropped the pressures a bit and they were much better once scrubbed in.

Archived