Qucik Dry Brake Lines Issue

agressor

Hey Guys, I have problem with quick action brake lines.

They are leaking, I mean when I open valves brake fluid droping from it.

I guess this is not how it should works?

A small amount of fluid loss isn't unusual when you first disconnect them. they shouldn't leak if you leave them disconnected though.

One more, Guy who sold me those lines, saying they were working order.

but they are not, maybe he is lying but maybe i did something wrong,

any advice?

You've got to remember that Staubli's are rare, only realy used in Endurance racing, so finding a set second hand in good condition is unlikely unless you know people.

Genuine Staubli's last for years, and are difficult to abuse. I'm guessing that these are copies, cheap copies. I've never seen a set do that. The seals have definately gone. If they are genuine, I'm sure that returning them to staubli for a rebuild is probably possible. I've never had to enquire.

All I've ever used to clean them is soapy water, with a quick squirt of brake cleaner if they've been in a crash and need cleaning quick.

All I can suggest to try is to fit the 2 halfs together off the bike and blow them through with an air line, may be some foreign material in there that's stopping them sealing on the return spring.

I'd definately want my money back though. Probably best to get a new set for a bike that can probably do over 300kph.

Good luck.

Thank You Mark for answer,

You are right, I will try to find a solution.

I bought them used and ofcourse in working order.

Thanks one more time.

Archived