Ducati 748 Hel Lines

connor

Right, I decided to upgrade the brake and clutch lines on the Duc, clutch and rear were no problem but the fronts are a bit odd.

They don't have traditional banjos on the caliper end, I have fitted them and they all work, no leaks or anything but they don't look right, they won't screw in any further, is this right or are they for a different model? I ordered them direct from HEL, so I would have thought they would know what they are doing.

DSC_1069.jpg

DSC_1070.jpg

DSC_1073.jpg

Thoughts and comments much appreciated.

That's how they're supposed to be. looks a bit odd I agree, but they are fine.

cheers guys, it does look odd but I guess its a better fit than standard banjos, I shall test them out in anger tomorrow, on a closed road obviously.

I'll be the dissenting voice that says that they are wrong.....

...you are missing the the angled female to male adaptor that screws into the caliper body and which the brake line fitting screws into the female fitting - the difference being that the female fitting's collar is floating so you hold the flats of the swaged line fitting and tighten the female collar down onto the male fitting of the hose end. That way the hose can be routed naturally without being twisted and, as EC says, not be so close to the front tyre.

Interesting, they never came with them bits I'll get on to HEL, the mudguard is off the bike in these shots and they clear the tyre when this is in place.

To be fair the Goodridge lines on my 916 are the same. never been entirely happy with how they look, but they function fine. Those Brembos don't have a proper seat for a banjo sealing washer.

response from HEL

"That is fine – ours screw straight into the calliper – as long as they have bottomed out and are tight then this is fine."

Some 748/916's came with this part, rather than banjo fittings, from the factory.

I don't set huge store by HEL and their ready made brake hose kits - I've had two fail, one car and one bike, because they got the lengths or fitting orientation wrong.

Couldn;t agree more Mike, just bought a sent for my Scooby, they supplied 4 Hosesas a complete kit, car uses 6. Looked into why they didn't complete the job and turns out that their banjo range won't cover going from trailing rear arm to caliper.

My thought is, if you can't do the job, don't list the kit.

Also couldn't get the Staubli's fitted to that Italian bike we done talk about anymore, well not without several revisits of the issues.

I won't be using them again, trouble is that they're now a P1 product supplier. Doh!

Won't be using them again

Archived