Exhaust Advice

gardnersworld

Hi

So I'm not mechanically savvy so was after a bit of advice...

I've got a gsxr k7 750 and want to loose the cat of the exhaust, as it weighs a ton and looks ass ugly. I really like the look of the standard exhaust end and don’t really want an aftermarket one.

So my thought was to find someone who can chop the cat off and weld a straight through pipe from the downpipe connector to the existing end (see pics for amateur hour diagram)

Anyways, was just after advice on whether this is a worthwhile idea or not, what problems I might encounter if I did go ahead and what I should be looking to pay for the welding work and also the slim chance if anyone knows someone in the West Yorks area who'd be good for it?

Thanks, Pete

xb3c.jpg

5lry.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm no mechanical expert either. But I reckon there is no cat in there. It's too small a space - maybe it's a kitten? Suzuki are sooooo cruel.

The cat on a bike doesn't weigh a ton ... most bikes are around 200kg total it impossible.

Find an aftermarket pipe and keep the original for when you sell the bike

I've decatted my 675 but it still has the stock can, was tested at oulton this week at 95db, so not astonishingly loud.

I've decatted my 675 but it still has the stock can, was tested at oulton this week at 95db, so not astonishingly loud.

My mate decatted a 675 last week and it sounded awesome.

The cat on a 675 is the size of a can of coke (well on the one he did)

That's the one, right at the bottom of the engine. It sounded awesome because of the awesomeness. A remap will be needed if you remove the cat, it'll run pretty lean otherwise.

Archived