Exhaust

gardnersworld

Hi All

So I've started a bit of fettling on my GSXR and got the bug, but new to the game. I'm thinking of ditching the cat on my exhaust (thinking more power less weight) and replace the large box with a simple pipe, but I wanted a bit of advice.... I've put a couple of pics up of what I'm thinking of doing as I love the standard exhust on my K7 GSXR 750 and have a nice carbon cover on it so dont really want to shell out for an aftermarket one.

Would appericate any advice as I've no idea if it'd work or what it'll effect

Ta, Pete

Someone on gixerjunkies did it but they removed the posts due to piss taking about them putting 4 threads on about it. They just got a pipe welded on like you're suggesting. Was pretty loud from what they said.

I've ditched the cat on my 675, again just got it chopped and welded. It's louder, but not by much, I'm off to Oulton this weekend where they'll probably do a noise check so I can find out by how much more. With regards power etc, I had my cylinder head warmed over at the same time, so it's hard to say, but you'll certainly want to get it remapped afterwards.

Archived