Bleeding Brakes!

stu22

Dug my track Trumpet 955 out of the garage to do a bit of work on the brakes as the lever feel had been getting a bit crap, thought the master cylinder was failing so purchased a radial unit from a '08 to '11 Fireblade.

Fitted no prblem but no matter what I tried I could not get the pressure in the system - bled the old fashioned way and also used my vacuuum bleeder but with no luck. However using a single line to a single caliper, I can get pressure?????

I've now both the calipers, lines and master cylinder off the bike ready to smah the shit out of with a big hammer unless I can work out why they are playing up. I'm tempted to say the new nmaster cylinder is at fault but seller assured me all is OK.

Any advice before I head off to buy an Accossato / Brembo / PT / ISR master cylinder????

Perhaps let an authorized repairman have a look at it.They are in a much better position to seek out the problem.

Get the Calipers up above the master cylinder. Should get it pumping then.

Did try that but by that time my stress level was increasing and enthusiasm at an all time low, so I'll give it another shot.

Going to give the calipers a damn good clean up too and a lashing of red grease

i usually try a big syringe and a bit of clear tube on the bleed nipple and push the fluid in from there. remember to use another syringe to remove excess fluid from the res. handy sized syringes can be bought from your local drug growing supplies hydroponics supplier

Archived