Strange Hornet Issue

franky

Well my mate came to ride her off into the distance and she refused to go more than 2 miles!

When cold it starts and runs fine, however when warm starts to miss and then cut out.... its charging fine, no battery issues, last time out there were no issues, compression etc is good, it smells very rich, where should I start?

I've gave the plugs a clean, one was a little loose but it still doing the same thing.

Carbs or FI model ? if carbs check the tap is working as it should and pipes are secure and not blocked/trapped/kinked. Sounds like you're using a bowl full of fuel then not enough getting through to keep going when you ride it. Had similar recently on a Bandit , the vacuum pipe was half off not letting the tap work properly. Probably not a blocked tank breather as you should get more than a couple of miles before it vacuums and won't let more fuel out but no harm in checking by loosening the cap when it starts to die.

carbs, I checked the vacuum and stretched the spring so when the taps turned fuel will flow freely, I did this 200miles ago and have had no issues, I'll check the breather though as I can't see where it is as its got a billet fuel cap.

I've got 3 hours this morning to check.

I'm pretty sure its and over fueling issue so:

i'll take the carbs off, clean the bowls out

check that the choke is 100% disengaging

Check for a blocked breather pipe

Clean plugs and check leads with some spare's

Feel free to add to the list. I need to sort it so I can slot a shiny red bike in its spot!

its got a billet fuel cap.

I've heard that on some cheapo ebay special caps there's no tiny pin hole breather, which can cause this. On the original cap there'll probably be a little hole somewhere, but there won't be on the posh cap.

Archived