Suspension Balls Up :-(

Wildcard

I think I have cocked up the settings on my zx10r.

was handling fine until recently which I have blamed on changing the tyres for Bridgestone s20 . . . I'm now not sure . . .

'tweaked' the suspension onto the track settings I had from a great day in 2011 (running pilot power 2ct) and it felt awful. It keeps running wide when going from closed to open throttle and the front feels very vague. I thought it might be in need of a service and chain etc which has now been done and they checked the head and wheel bearings too which are fine

i think it may be too much comp damping on the rear as I didn't back it off after track and it is more wheelie prone now too.

anyOne able to offer any help or advice? its an 05 10r so it should be awesome :-(

Add rear preload or add ride height. Raise forks in the yokes or add front rebound damping

One or the other NOT all. Take note of each setting and if its wrong put it back and alter something else.

Another thing thats overlooked.. Did you measure the circumference of the tire? (new & old) You will be amazed that not all tires are the same and this will affect your suspension set up.

Others might be along to offer better advice..Hope that helps a bit anyhow henry. :icon_salut:

I think you're right tootall. start over . . . hassle!

gonna book it in with mct too

Archived