RF900 pistons into watercooled 92> 750 gixxer

diogo

I was wondering instead of keeping the budget lower and making things more inventive, if using the suzuki RF900 pistons on the 93 750w engine would be possible, that would avoid me spending money on the JE 907 Piston kit and since both will definitly require a rebore the RF900 if it's feasible would be a money shot option for my project gixxer 4/7.

would appreciate any comment on this

Thanks in advance

Diogo

the bore and stroke of the Suzuki RF 900 is: 73 mm x 56 mm

the bore and stroke of the Suzuki 93 GSXR is: 70 mm x 48.7 mm

will that be possible not sure about the rod size thou

JE Piston kit (907cc) is:

Disp. Bore Size Over Size Piston Kit # Comp Ratio Gram Weight Skirt Style Ring # Pin # Lock # Gasket # Sleeve #

907cc 77mm +7mm 138983 13:1 196g Round XG7700 708-2250-10-52C 708-050-MW JC8338 JE3200S

I don't know if they'll fit in terms of things like con rods and the valve cut-outs etc, but in terms of if an RF900 piston set makes a GSXR into a 900, then no, RF bore with GSXR stroke will give you an 815cc engine.

I don't know if they'll fit in terms of things like con rods and the valve cut-outs etc, but in terms of if an RF900 piston set makes a GSXR into a 900, then no, RF bore with GSXR stroke will give you an 815cc engine.

there's nothing wrong with "just" 815cc :icon_blackeye:

Anyways I was informed that:

- The wrist pin on the 750w is 18mm and on the RF 900 it's 19mm the 1100w is 20mm.

That's more info to start with...

therefore if the RF900 share the same crank and rod size as the 750w, then if I was to use the RF900 crank, rods and pistons in a 93 750w rebored block with stock 750w head it's the most easy way to do it, right?

therefore if the RF900 share the same crank and rod size as the 750w, then if I was to use the RF900 crank, rods and pistons in a 93 750w rebored block with stock 750w head it's the most easy way to do it, right?

You know the RF900 is a downdraught head so the carbs might (as in they probably will) foul on the 400 frame.

If your going to use that much of he 900 then your also probably going to run into trouble with the height of the engine in the frame. If you want the 900's pistons then maybe you can get small end bearings made up ... or try a bearing manufacture who will probably have something from stock. You also need to know the bearing center to piston crown so you can judge how the head will fit and the valves won't touch

Archived