Datatool Removal

jaycee

how difficult is it? Ideally I'd prefer to leave it on the bike, but I only have one remote and its intermittent. I had to stuff a rag under the seat yesterday when I set it off by accident and couldn't disarm it for a couple of minutes.

I have the same alarm on my Triumph and its never bothered me, but on the SRAD its a pain. To add to the fun, the loom has been hacked about something chronic.

Is it just a case of following all the alarm wires to where its been hacked into the standard loom and rejoining things?

Is it just a case of following all the alarm wires to where its been hacked into the standard loom and rejoining things?

Yes normally.But get yourself a wiring diagram

Cut 1 wire at a time and join that before moving onto the next. Don't solder anything until you have the loom out and the bike starts. After that just tidy everything up.

That's probably a better suggestion Billy, you should see under the seat, fuxsake

If it is anything like your last srad thingy..I dont want to see the electrics :lol:

this is worse, way, way worse, chopped, spliced, different colour wires, sellotape FFS

Get a new loom then if thats the case. Thats asking for more trouble in the future imo.

I've removed a few alarms and it's pretty easy if you take your time. But if your current loom is knackered then replacing the whole thing is probably your best bet. But that's more yhsn likely harder than chopping out the alarm depending on how it's fitted. Wiring diagram and photos as you go. :-)

Have a go yourself Jason, what's the worst that could happen?!

Besides, it'll be good practice- you are going to be having lots of fun fixing electrical problems over the next couple of years....

Barsteward :lol: I've bought "unreliable" cars before that were great. I bought Citroen ZX for £500 when my daughter was born, because we needed a 5 door car. Previous owner, elderly gentleman, full history. It ran like a watch. We gave it to an aunt of my then-wife when I bought the Jazz. She promptly crashed it and killed it

674_kill_it_with_fire_Spider_Invasion_in_Australia-s379x215-302260-580.gif

I never ever have a Datatool alarm on my bike, they're a pain in the hole to the point where if I'm looking to buy a 2nd hand bike and I see a Datatool alarm fitted, I disregard it.

well easy took mine off last month.

find the 2 wires that are the same colour, cut the alarm off them and re join, solder and heat shrink.

Repeat for all circuits and job jobbed.

Replacement loom ordered to replaced the butchered mess that's currently on there. Datatool will be killed with a 4lb hammer then killed further with fire

Archived