Standard Indicators With Led Relay

NCSprinter30

I'm putting the standard indicators back on the K1 but it's got an LED relay fitted and the indicators don't work. I'm guessing it's the relay causing it? The rear ones worked before I'd fitted the front ones back on, they should work fine again with a standard relay unit shouldn't it?

Thanks

Take the relay out and I bet they will work fine.

Ignore the above I was thinking about the resistor not realy :eusa_wall::getmecoat:

Standard indicators needs a standard relay due to the wattage of the bulbs. Led bulbs are naff all in watts. Swap out the relay mate.

Also make sure your bulbs are ok and the filament aint broke.. easily missed.

Standard indicators needs a standard relay due to the wattage of the bulbs. Led bulbs are naff all in watts. Swap out the relay mate.

Also make sure your bulbs are ok and the filament aint broke.. easily missed.

Au contraire - an electronic 'LED' type relay should work with any indicators whether they are LED or filament bulbs. That's the whole point of them, they flash at a constant rate whatever the load. Conversely, a standard flasher relay will only work with standard indicators as LEDs don't draw enough current. However, electronic relays are polarity sensitive so have to be connected the right way round. I had this when I fitted an LED rear light with built in indicators to my Aprilia RSV. They didn't work at first so I had to swap the wires in the relay connector plug then it worked fine. When I sold it, I swapped back to standard indicators and I couldn't be arsed to refit the original relay as it's tucked up behind the clocks.The LED relay worked fine with the standard indicators :)

Having said that, the original relay should work fine with original indicators so refitting it may be the answer!

Oh i knew that the LED indy's flash faster if you dont fit the correct flasher unit.Because the OP said he changed the indys back to standard i "Assumed" the led realy was to blame because the load is different and not enough welly to make them work..

or the flasher unit could be defective or wired wrong or the bulbs might be blown in storage (knocked about breaking the filament)

i also have the LED rear light on my RSV but i do not have the indicator part connected (look good dont they)

Ah ok, I'll swap the wires to the relay around then. The only thing is that the rear indicators worked prior to me connecting the front ones back up. I thought like BudgetBoy that the relay might not be letting enough current through. I'll let you know how I get on. Thanks.

Archived