Ducati Corsa Oil Pressure Sw

kanerdog1x1

hey. theres some clever/knowledgeable peeps on here, just one or two.... on every corsa bike image i have ever seen with its clothes off, be it 888/955/996/998 the oil pressure switch is on the end of a length of what looks like an3 aeroquip, then clipped to the frame 6 inches higher than its normal position on the end of the crankshaft gallery. is there any particular reason for this?

3683_zps293d8c37.jpg

ta muchly.

As you say there is a length of -3 with an alloy manifold on the end, pointing rear wards is the original oil pressure switch for the light, then on top is a 10bar pressure sensor for the Data logger.

http://competitionsy...oduct.php?id=86

'tis a lovely looking thing. I have got a few fotos of that bike saved on the hard drive, and plenty of others, for reference like. It's the only one with a clear view of the oil pressure switch.

is it to decouple the expensive oil pressure sensor from the engine vibrations?

Yes, plus the vibration causes a lot of noise in the data.

If that is brads/the yetis old bike ( I'd seen that it was for sale again) then it was built without compromise. The system was full titanium which is really unusual as its prone to cracks, it was built by some formula 1 exhaust manufacturer to the tune of 4 and a half grand and copied from an RS item, Marelli electronics, genuine z spec RS motor converted to run a starter motor. I think the yeti spent a fortune too, bought a second engine, etc etc.

If the pictures are recent I'd like to see some more, infact fuck it I'd just like to see more anyway :-)

Indeed that is Yetis (Johns) old 996 RS.

Im not sure mate last time i saw john and the bike was probably 5 years ago at cadwell.

The only person i can think of that might know is Neil at Cornerspeed as he did alot of work on the bike for John.

• 2 weeks later...

Original Ducati oil pressure switches on race bikes occasionaly blow their top part off. We always remove them and screw a bolt in place.

Archived