Rear Wheel Balance ?

hollo

Hello , I dropped my loose rear wheel and a new tyre at my local bike shop and asked them to change the tyre for me . When I picked it up , thay said they didn't have the fitment for my wheel on thier balancing machine , so they couldn't balance it .

Does anyone see any issue with this ? . I've only been for a quick ride since , and didn't notice any vibrations or anything , but is it best to get it balanced ?

Cheers

Mike.

If you didn't notice anything when you rode it then it is fine.

It's only really front wheels that need balancing, you feel that being out of balance through the bars, so carry on :thumbsup:

wot 'e said ^

If it's not causing you any issues, then i wouldn't bother. If you wanted to do it yourself for peace of mind, you just need to buy a few wheel weights and get a broom and 2 chairs. Easy peasy.

Pretty crap bike shop if it can't balance a rear wheel. Nothing to worry about though in reality.

Aye, if you can't feel a problem, then live with it.I always balance my rear, but only because I've got the balancing kit out anyway for the front when I change tyres

Thank you for the replies , I may wip it off and get it balanced somewhere else , just for piece of mind , as suggested.

Cheers

Mike .

Archived