R1 To Yzf750 Front End Interchangeability

Annaz

I'm thinking about sticking an R1 front end on the YZF7.5. Could anyone tell me which parts are compatible?

Will I need the yokes? wheel? etc

Cheers

A

Well I did the research and not much is interchangeable, except a whole front end but even then there would be no speedo drive coz it's lectric on the R1's.

For the record the top yoke is the same, the bottom yoke on the 750 is slightly larger so would need shimming, the discs are smaller on the R1 and offset.

Waste of time basically :biggrinvk4:

That's the thing with front ends, it's easier to drop a full one on from the headrace bearings forward. An R6 front will probably be the same.

Fitted an 05 R1 onto mine , the top yoke has a different offset so I welded up the hole and had an engineer bore a new one to the correct offset matching the original bottom yoke, I then used a 1mm thick piece of stainless sheet to form and insert between the forks and the new bottom yoke (it's called French bushing apparently) and it's been spot on for the last 3 years. As far as the wheels/brakes go I fitted Marchesini's from an R1 of that vintage so I can't help there.

Archived