Headlight Not Working On 08 Wr450

lewis203

The headlight is not working on my 08 WR450, I've replaced the bulb but that didn't make a difference. I've also gone over all the plugs on the loom and everything is connected and looks fine. The headlight is run off the stator and it is AC, I tested the headlight plug with my multi meter when the bike was running and it only showed 0.34v. The bike starts no problem and the battery shows 13.9v at idle and rises a little when I rev it so does this mean the stator is ok?

Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong? I'm not very clued up on electrics. I thought maybe it could be a faulty regulator/rectifier but at £100 from Yamaha I want to be sure before I order one.

Have you tried stripping and cleaning the switch or just spraying it with contact cleaner?? My KTMs horn wouldnt work but with it being exposed to water and mud and crap it just needed a blast with wd40!

Have you tried stripping and cleaning the switch or just spraying it with contact cleaner?? My KTMs horn wouldnt work but with it being exposed to water and mud and crap it just needed a blast with wd40!

Cheers for the help but I forgot to mention there is no switch! The headlight is on all the time once the bike has started.

I took the stator cover off and the stator had rubbed through and broken the wires for the headlight. I guess I didn't install it correctly last time I had it off naughty.gif I repaired the wires and the headlight is now working thumbsup.gif

Archived