Brakepads...

jaycee

Personally, I wouldn’t buy them. I’m normally the first one to jump at a bargain, but brakes are one area where I won’t try and save a few quid. I’d always go with a reputable manufacturer for pads/discs etc.

I always though Goldfren were a very cheap budget option. A bit like ‘Chen Shing’ tyres.

They're wank I'm afraid.

Okay(ish) in very slow scooters, in the dry for a few miles until they glaze, but DO NOT use them in anything you really want to stop. Trust me I know, I used to sell these as a really cheap, if you must, option but quickly gave up after feedback from a few guys and having tried them myself in the interestes of knowing what I sell.

Brakes are not an area to scrimp on.

Brakes are not an area to scrimp on.

Yeah I know, That's why I always went blindly for EBC. I just thought that I was following the herd and missing alternatives. Not much meat left on the SRAD's pads, so they'll need done ASAP.

So alternatives to EBCfor a badly ridden scabby SRAD which I think may have cast iron discs, 'cos they rust up pretty quickly and it stops way better than anything with Tokico 6 pts should.?

Carbon Lorraine?

To be honest you won't go wrong with EBC HH pads. They're a bloody good value road pad that work in all conditions and last a good amount.

By all means try alternatives but I think you'll find you've had it pretty good with the EBC's.

I use Performance Friction 95's on my srad, best pads i've tried. Got a set of Brembo pads in the toolbox as racing spares, picked them up dirt cheap on ebay last year. They are supposed to be OK as well...

EBC's are decent enough, but I've found them hard to ease off smoothly when trailing them into corners etc, they just seem a bit on/off. I wonder if that's the case on 6 pots as they seem the least 'bitey' brakes ever?

I've tried brembos, vesrah, ebc, ferodo and DP sports. Brief review:

• Brembo: Nice, but costly, don't justify the price for me.
  • Vesrah: Piss poor, baked themselves on track, fucking up the day really
  • EBC: A bit grabby, but can be relied on in terms of the whole stopping business
  • Ferodo: Like EBC, but harder to find. Arguably the best pads named after a hobbit
  • DP Sport: Really nice, feel like Brembos, smooth, progressive and yet capable of stopping you in a hurry if need be. Cheap too.

Slightly thread jacking, but can anyone recommend a good race pad for sensible money? SP1 so a fairly heavy old girl.

Got Brembo SC on at the minute which are good and was tempted to go for the RC, but at £95 a set they're a bit rich for my tastes unless they're worth a second a lap!

If it helps, I can't tell the difference, on track or off, between brembo SC's and DP sport HH's, but my wallet can.

Archived