Aprilia Rs125 Euro3 De-Restriction & Jetting

2Smoke

Anyone here have experience of the later RS125 Aprilia's?

I've been asked off a mate to de-restrict his, so have changed the exhaust for one without the catalytic converter fitted, fitted a RAVE (groovy) valve & servo, drilled the CDI and am getting onto the Jetting.

Now the manual states to fit a 185 main up from the 132 as stock, but there seems to be varying opinions on the 'net. Most say go down on the jet size, as the bike is jetted rich to run with the cat, the Superteen guys I've spoken to have suggested a 122-128 with the 28mm carb fitted as stock (the one with the TPS). But I've seen others (with road bikes) going up on the mains!

I've been out on the bike, and it seems hesitant to rev right out, as if it's running rich. Did a plug chop but was hard to tell with a new plug but the top of the piston still looked rich.

I have no jets to fit this thing, so am loathed to buy a huge amount just to get it set up right!

Anyone have much experience of these buggers? The earlier ones seem a lot easier to do!

Cheers!

Paul

Does the airbox snorkel have one side of it blocked? Mine did, removed it in the end and jetted to suit, 130 mj it was I think.

Aye, have taken that out. Just been for another run and it's still looking lean. The stock 132 mj is in, will try some bigger sizes.

Cheers

Paul

Archived