Torch As Daylight Running Light-Any Reason Why I Cant....

ssray

Arn't cycle lights also very cheap?

They have the added bonus of actually being designed to indicate the presence of road users.

As far as legitimacy goes, no.

Beam pattern - fail.

Construction and use - fail.

Not getting wiped out - fail.

A realistic alternative may be cheap second hand spots of a pugrot speedfight.

Presumably it's because you want something small and spotlightish?

Either solution would be fuckall use in the dark.

Do you really need a light in the day?

I second Lorenzo's "why?" with an added why?

Pointless IMO. What the diff between hardwiring those in, to some normal small lights? I dont get it.. :eusa_think:

My guess is the torch would not last anyhow.. being cheap for one (ya get what ya pays for) and 2 it will probably keep failing, as in blowing bulbs due to bumps,or just frying due to the cheapness of it..

Do it properly (Real (LED) small lights)if you are going to do it at all. :icon_salut:

I second Lorenzo's "why?" with an added why?

Don't get me involved in all of this!

Not as cheap as the dip beam headlamp that comes with your bike for FREE!

I can never see why people add day time running lights as your dip is bigger and if people can't see that what chance do you stand of two little led torches?

Because your are more likely to be noticed if there is more than one point for people to see and most of my commute is into the middle of Birmingham and some days i need all the help i can get

so even if you don`t like the idea or can`t see the point will it work hard wiring(thru a switch) to the bike battery?

Ta

Ray

Don't get me involved in all of this!

Whoops, flicking between threads and mixing up names, my apologies sir.

I instead second tootall's why, although it had now been explained.

I beleive there is already a 12v led kit on market for extra spots for.visibility - there was a thread on here somewhere, apparently quite good.

Edit to add:

Have you tried (gulp) hi-viz?

I wear a bright orange vest whilst commuting - I noticed a definitive reduction of twunts trying to pull out on me on winter mornings.

If you don't fasten the front it flaps like a cape :D

Have you tried (gulp) hi-viz?

I wear a bright orange vest whilst commuting - I noticed a definitive reduction of twunts trying to pull out on me on winter mornings.

If you don't fasten the front it flaps like a cape :D

No matter how much you try a hi-vis won't make you feel like you're on the batbike!

I'll add another frowned upon solution into the mix from the opposite end of the spectrum - stubby race can with no baffles, you'll never pass an MOT but nobody would miss you coming! (Before I get slated, this is a joke and is not meant as sensible consumer advice for the respectable motorist)

People do some stupid shit.

The chances of anybody actually seeing a torch light in the daytime, before you actually hit them is remote. Just leave your lights on

most of my commute is into the middle of Birmingham and some days i need all the help i can get

Ray

its not that bad.............on a sunday, know how you feel, mines the same

Archived