Fz 750

tootall

Wiring loom questions.

Early fz, mounted on the rear subframe is a rectangular bakerlite block with two wires, one at each end?

What is it?

Also glued to a plate which was bolted to the subframe is a small flat plasticy block with five wires sealed into it.

Any ideas?

One with the 5 wires is probably going to be an ignition amp, and early ECU if you will.

Don't think it's the ECU, these bikes have a digital ignitor box about the size of a fag packet.

Now I just happen to have a genuine YAM workshop manual sitting in front of me for an 85 FZ750 :) Any more clues on these items, such as wire colours so I can help identify them?

Had a look at the wiring diagram and it looks like the thingy with 2 wires is a resistor and the other one is the fuel pump controller. I'm fairly sure they are something to do with the electric reserve switch and are somehow connected to the fuel tank sender. I can take a pic of the wiring diagram if it would help?

That would be fantastic help mate as the whole loom has been cut n shut n butchered. Pm inbound with email address for pic.

Are you fitting the R6 shock to this Jamie? That would be cool, old bikes with modern boingy bits rock.

I'm attempting too.... :D

Its got a trx swingarm in there and there may be some clearance issues. Got it sat in there at the mo and making some plates and spacers today to extend the shock cos its too short. May run into issues with the resevoir hitting the arm but should be ok

Archived