project rg500

beek

I am after a few bits if anyone can help

zxr400 h2

swing arm

swing arm pivot spindle, with nut washers.

rear wheel spindle with all nuts/washers

chain block adjusters

bottom shock linkage/dog bone.

also interested in a rear hugger to fit same and chain guard

looking good so far but its posted in the wrong section should this not be in your bikes and projects

Some things need to be in multiple sections.

It *IS* a stroker so here is good *as_well_as* projects, IMO.

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

Project has been a bit slow over last few weeks as been busy with other things

after getting a few bits made ive been able to get the engine cradle sorted and fitted, I may at a later point add a lower rail to run to the rear mount under foot rests.

DSCF3491.jpg

DSCF3518.jpg

DSCF3520.jpg

A few things to do on seat subframe and some welding needs to be done exhaust mounts ect.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m141/be...pb/DSCF3516.jpg

Front end is pretty much sorted now just waiting for new stem to be made then its ready to fit.

DSCF3498.jpg

Still looking for swing arm then ill be able to make a start on rear end.

• 2 weeks later...

Things didn't go to plan with the seat subframe. originally it was welded as part of the frame my idea was to make it a bolt on like later bikes so after cutting and making new mount brackets i thought that was it until i realised the brackets id got welded to frame were in the wrong place, nothing to bad but ill have to cut them off and reweld some new ones on. the seat subframe will have a centre support going down to a new mount above the shock mount and some reinforce plate on the top of frame to stop sideways movement. as you can see no front end im still waiting for a new stem to be made to mount my gsxr radial front end. the rear im looking for a later h2 swingarm

wheels are going to be 5 spoke. so taking shape slowly

DSCF3591.jpg

DSCF3586.jpg

DSCF3585.jpg

DSCF3584A.jpg

DSCF3583.jpg

DSCF3577.jpg

DSCF3576.jpg

DSCF3565.jpg

DSCF3516.jpg

• 5 months later...

Ive been sidelined with project zxr as ive since got a rs250 frame and the project is taking shape in new frame.

Doesnt mean zxr isnt going to happen as i like the idea and its different so fingers crossed it will be reserected later

FFS Jason , stop moving the goal posts ! ;)

I know you like the engineering challenge of slotting a CBX engine into a Fizzy , but finish one of them !

What happened to the 4DL Valve ?

Still got it ?

I will get my fat arse into gear and see you some time . :icon_blackeye:

Archived