I Need A Caliper Bracket Making - It's For Charidy Mate!

heds954

Ullo

If you're not aware, there's a charity run from John o'Gaunt to Lands End on shonky bikes costing no more than £300 riding the whole distance in 24hrs, that's over 900 miles.

I'm one of the stupid fuckers brave individuals taking part. Now my bike is taking shape nicely, or rather, was, right up until it was discovered that the forks weren't leaking oil because they were completely devoid of oil due to the seals being in tatters from all the ragging from the pitted stanchions.

Anywho, there's now a set of forks from a different manufacturer fitted to them, along with a matching caliper. However, the disc is much larger on the base machine to that of the donor, so in short, I need a bracket making so that the caliper can sit a bit further out.

Can any of you practical, handy with a milling machine types help out?

It is for charidy though, so I'm cheekily asking if anyone would do this for the greater cause and oodles of positive karma.

Fanks

Heds

Um, not for my combination they haven't!

It'll need to be bespoke, I assure you.

yes.

hurry, i'm off on my honeymoon end of this week! get back early june...

easiest way is if you do a drawing and i'll make it to that. failing that then get the bike to the unit in essex and i'll make it when i get back.

Ooh, you star! :)

BudgetBoy has the bike in his possession (in Norwich), I'm sure he must have verniers, paper and a sharp pencil?

I'll get him to get back to you ASAP

Cheers fella

Archived