Zx12 Diagnostics

bobert

Afternoon all,

Mates zx12 a1 is being a pain in the arse- it's started to missfire under 6k- it started a while go and would occasionally be ok, then it got so bad it highsided coming out if a junction. It's like having a 2 stroke 1200...

The fi light isn't on and I've tried grounding out the diagnostic lead to earth but I can't get the light to do anything at all let alone show me a code- any ideas on this? I've read that the atmospheric pressure sensor could give issues but I want a code to confirm before I get a new one.

Over to you ladies and gents... Any ideas?

Faulty coilstick i reckon mate!Had a few go on zx12's-usually only when hot-but harmless to check the resistance when cold

just edited to add-i wouldn't be surprised if alot of people neglect to change the plugs as they're a bit of a pain on them

Coil / plug issue, had exactly the same on my 10r. Turned out a pipe had come if the throttle bodies and it was leaning out really badly, burned the plugs out and caused exactly what you describe. It was terrifying filtering through traffic on in... Check your coils and plugs first off..

Thinking about it--its quite common for people that are changing the plugs to 'slice' the vacuum pipes as they remove the large plastic heat shield thats situated above the cam cover on them! They're very awkward to remove-a mechanic i used to work with just used to snap them.On purpose!To make it easier to get out!So have a good look at the vacuum pipes mate-could be doing what King is saying. Good luck-awesome bikes

Thanks for the advice. I got two of the plugs out last weekend- then lost my temper with the other two and had to walk away before I burned it...

Ill have another go and let you know.

Thanks again!

Archived