Buying Tips For 2007 Blade?

Gav

I'm selling my GSXR 750 and looking at getting an 06/07 Blade..... anyone got any tips for things that go wrong with these?

Cheers

Gav :biggrinvk4:

None.Get braided steel brakelines and a sweet exhaust and you're good to go :)

Having owned more Fireblades than Honda, my only advice on buying a 06/07 'blade is:

buy an '08. ;)

Haha..... well I would but funds won't stretch that far unfortunately!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, gone and got me an 05 R1 in blue, akra cans and decat, power commander, heated grips, braided hoses etc. pick it up at teatime :biggrinvk4:

Well, gone and got me an 05 R1 in blue, akra cans and decat, power commander, heated grips, braided hoses etc. pick it up at teatime :biggrinvk4:

sounds good. more interesting than the 07 Blade IMHO. that vintage R1 is one of the best looking bikes EVAR

Yeah, definitely a good looking bike, well happy with my choice, only thing I don't like is the datatool alarm/immobiliser, had a datatool alarm on an R6 I had a while back and ended up ripping it out.... this one may have the same fate!

I'll attempt to get some pics up at the weekend :biggrinvk4:

Well a wet, diesel soaked roundabout = lots of damage and a broken left wrist, I very nearly cried but managed to man up and hold back the tears!

Whilst I was sat at the side of the road one car spun 360 degrees and another went lock to lock at the same place I crashed.

Anyone had any experience trying to sue the council for sliding off on diesel?

Noooo! Oh man, that is rubbish luck. Hopefully the bike is fixable?

I believe the council/highways agency only have any sort of responsibility towards cleaning it/liability in terms of damage IF it has already been reported to them. Simply put, if they don’t know about it, they can’t clean it up. I’m not sure how you’d go about finding out if it had been reported, but it can’t hurt to phone them up and ask

I'll get a pic in the crasher thread shortly :(

Its been reported by me, but they sounded all suprised on the phone, will do some more digging - ta mate.

Damage is left headlamp, fairing bracket, mirror(may live again), top fairing, clutch lever, tank, air box cover, left footrest assembly and gear shift, rear sub frame, seat unit, scratches to left fairing but will be ok for now, r&g bung, swingarm bobbin, left akra damaged but should live again, carbon can strap. Prob find more as I go along too :(

My ebay watch list is now full ;)

Archived