Running Out Of Fuel But A Good Quarter Of A Tank Left

micro-monkey

Am getting my yzf back in a week or two and plan on sorting a few probs i have always suffered from. My yzf750/1000sp hybrid has always had the knack of running out of fuel when the level drops just below the fuel level light sensor, i have measured the fuel left and their is a good 7 litres left over. My bike does not have a reserve. Tried loads of things but am lost on what it could be.

Is the last bit of the tank higher than the carbs?

Has it got a fuel switch ? As i had one on the fzr600r foxeye model which switched between main and res . I once broke down due to dirty contacts in the switch with about 7 litres left . Not sure if they fitted them to yzf750.

Vacuum not connected on petcock/tank (if your model has it)

Petcock has wrong (longer) filter added..Or the lower filter is blocked,, see below on how to test.

To see if its your tank at fault see if you can drain the tank via the petcock till its empty.. If you can then your problem lies elsewhere. :icon_salut:

My guess is petcock "lower pipe" blocked.

Cheers, will look into all those. got to rebuild the carbs, so will strip the tank gubbins and replace a few bits. It is a fast orange/early boost tank so no reserve. The remaining fuel i would say lies below or level with the carbs.

Archived