Quick , Disconnect !

paul8899

I got hold of a dry break disconnect and wanted to see what it looked like on the inside and thought I'd post a few pictures up on here for those that are interested

connector_zpsf859278c.jpg

The top picture is the connector connected and the bottom one is the dis-connect disconnected

Here's some proper pictures of what's inside the female end

IMG_2982_zps3ffe25b2.jpg

IMG_2983_zpsec985daf.jpg

IMG_2984_zps2cba271f.jpg

He had to poke the QD up his bum first then smile sweetly at the nurse in A&E to get a pic of that...

Do you have x-ray equipment readily available?

I can get certain things done but it costs quite a few favours

He had to poke the QD up his bum first then smile sweetly at the nurse in A&E to get a pic of that...

Where there's a will there's a way :)

iv looked at this more closely now, on the big pooter. im glad you have taken the time to strip one down, revealing how simple they are inside, which makes me happy that they are serviceable. thankyou. :)

now get the other side apart too......

It does make it a bit easier to see when you can zoom in , I'll get a close up of the x-ray picture and post it

If you do take them apart to service them make sure you use the right o-rings ( epdm ) as nitrile ones don't like brake fluid ;)

The way they work is quite simple , the collar ( in the 3rd picture ) is the only part that moves on this side . The thin part pushes into the other end ( which is a tube with a plunger in ) the tube pushes the collar back and the thin part pushes the plunger down.

So if someone just happned to have some mag wheels in need of an X-ray?

I might be able get them done but without knowing what to look for it wouldn't be worth doing , if it was me I'd get someone who knew what they were doing ;)

Archived