Re-Building Engine On Workbench.....

rd84

Hi,

I'm re-building a RD500 engine on my workbench. This is a first for me - I've done top ends before with the engine in the frame but not a full re-build on a workbench -I'm having problems with the engine moving around since it's a fairly small lightweight (well perhaps not ! :biggrinvk4: ) unit. So are there any universal engine stands around or perhaps I could use angle iron to bolt it to my workbench ?? - Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Cheers

Paul

I made a wooden frame from 4x2 that the engine sat in and it kept it supported better and level than just having the engine sat on its sump on rocking about all over when you try to unbolt something tight.

I also screwed the clutch holding tool I made to the bench when I undid the the nut that holds the basket on.

Hi,

I'm re-building a RD500 engine on my workbench. This is a first for me - I've done top ends before with the engine in the frame but not a full re-build on a workbench -I'm having problems with the engine moving around since it's a failry small lightweight (well perhaps not ! :biggrinvk4: ) unit. So are there any universal engine stands around or perhaps I could use angle iron to bolt it to my workbench ?? - Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Cheers

Paul

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/ces-500a-engine-stand These are very good for the money, a lot of tuning shops use them

Thanks for the ideas above.

Do you think that engine stand would adapt ok to fit a motorcycle engine - I'm thinking that any arms, brackets etc would have to be positioned to fit the RD500 engines frame mounting points ?

Cheers

Paul

Archived