Ducati Possible Clutch Woes

ben600

hi all.

I've a weird issue... My '93 Ducati ss, when revved over 6k (redline is 9) feels like the clutch is slipping.

It wont do it in forst gear, but will every gear after. I have bled the clutch, checked the plates, stack height and springs and all is well (the clutch is only 200miles old).

I have also replaced the engine oil with 10/40 semi synth, and it makes no difference.

the issue only started after having the heads overhaulled, where the valve seats were re ground etc.

Anyone have any other hints? as I am now wondering if its something other than the damn clutch.

Any Advice will be gratefully received.

Ben

This is my mates 750ss with the same problem, which i attribute to fully synthetic oil, he stripped the clutch when we came back from Portimao and found everything to be within spec.

I think new driven plates would sort it but it may be possible to soak the plates in solvent of some sort and maybe deglaze them.

I wish this were as simple as an oil change. I've owned the bike for 4 yrs and have only ever used semi synth 10/40 and never experienced this before :( bloody Ducati's!

Archived