Datatool 433 Alarm Issues

Bickers

I have just picked up a very cheap 5000 mile Bandit... It had a dead battery, after fitting a new 'un the alarm has just gone mental and now I am deaf.

I tried resetting the fob by holding both buttions down for 20 seconds a few times, but it continued to remove the rest of my hearing.

:eusa_wall:

I have now removed the internal battery, fuse and wiring and will leave it for the day to try and reset it.

Has anyone else had a similar problem or have any usefull or sarcastic advice to offer in this situation?!?!?!

:eusa_think:

Ta

Rip the fucker out, put it in the bin. Standard procedure now on any bike I buy that has an alarm fitted.

Rip the fucker out, put it in the bin. Standard procedure now on any bike I buy that has an alarm fitted.

+1Fortunately I'm old enough not to need to bother with alarms to save £10 on my insurance :lol:

+1 on ripping it out.

Not hard to do. Disconnect battery. Take seat bodywork off and unveil the wires leading from the alarm down to the battery and solenoid. Remove alarm wires and reconnect wires which were previously occupied by alarm and then tidy the loom up.

I removed mine, I was expecting all sorts of loom issues, but it was only attached to the fusebox (power source), the indicators and the rear numberplate light!!! Simplest job I've done in ages, although I resent having paid a Datatool approved installer good money for fitting it. It's only function appears to have been as an expensive tilt sensor.

I had the same problem recently with mine but to add insult, when i did manage to get the fucker to behave for long enough to run the bike, at high revs, the fucker would cut the ignition momentarily, causing my bollocks to smash into the tank, before re-connecting and throwing me backwards again. Needless to say, its now a collection of smashed plastic and circuitry at the bottom of the dustbin.

Take it out.Not hard really ive done a few (one for Bigkingy of this parish).

Follow each wire (one at a time) remove it and solder any joints and use heatshrink, then tape it up. Took me about 2 hours iirc to do BK's Just take your time and you will do it.

Archived