What Size Headstock Bearings

Leighio

I need new headstock bearings though I am unsure of the bikes current size, I am after taper bearings rather than manufactures ball race. My thinking is that these items can be purchased from any supplier as long as you have the correct size for the bearings, so can anyone help please.

Bike is Fireblade 929

My other thinking is that if people know of other sizes then we could list them on here for others to use.

Thoughts?

What you need is these one's mate , i have fitted lots of these and they go straight in.Search about, or someone on here might find a better deal for you.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fireblade-CBR-900-929-954-93-04-Steering-Head-Bearings-/251101393972?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3a76cf3434

Remember to pack the new bearing with PLENTY of grease before you fit them..I.e take your time.. :icon_salut:

Hi Evil, what parts are they from abba, got a 5lb hammer and some punches to knock in the new bearings and a large screwdriver and chisel to get the old ones off. Got taught a tip a while back though to place bearings in a freezer to reduce there size or in a oven to increase depending how they are installed.

Yeah the freezer thing ... Doesn't work as well as you'd think.

Anyway .... I've all the kit and the Abba tail things, come over I've been waiting to hit a Honda with a hammer for some time :)

Archived