Can Anyone Help With Dimensions Of Zx7R Parts ?

V6Jon

Evening all,

If anyone has any ZX7R bits laying around, or fancies removing their back wheel, could you have a quick measure and let me know the following measurements :

Stock rear brake disc diameter

Stock rear wheel spindle diameter

Ta muchly chaps !

rear spindal is 25mm and I think rear disc is 210mm

I know the spindal is right, I am not so sure about the disc though

Thanks very much, though not the answer I was hoping for !

You are sure it couldn't be 28 mm aren't you ?

I may need a drill bit . . .

in regards to the spindal kawasaki 7r are 25mm rear and front.

what are you doing?

thinking about it the rear disc could well be a 230mm

I am trying to find a way of fitting a small rear caliper to my SRAD, and also do away with associated torque arm and brackets.

Having searched eBay the Zx7 seemed an easily adapted mounting system.

have you looked at the rsvr hanger and caliper? this is what i have adapted to fit my 7r, the 7r caliper and bracket have a small moon orbiting them due to gravitational pull

OOooh that looks interesting, and the component prices look OK too.

Do you happen to know the spindle and disc diameter for those ??

OOooh that looks interesting, and the component prices look OK too.

Do you happen to know the spindle and disc diameter for those ??

The spindal is the same as the 7r for the hanger, what I did have to do was have spacers made as the offset was diffrent and have the brake disc machined down by a couple of mills but all in all it was a relitivly easy way to save just over a kilo I think

That sounds like it will do the job !

Bearing in mind I dont really use the back brake much and it's there for appearances mainly, I suspect I would have to do the following then :

- Increase the size of the spindle hole in the carrier to take the SRAD spindle.

- Weld a lug onto the inside of the swingarm to stop the carrier spinning

- Get new spacers made to maintain the wheel position and centre the disc in the caliper.

- Machine the disc or get a custom disc made up to suit the new set-up

Easy as that !

As the wheels have to come off the SRAD at some point over the next couple of weeks for new tyres, I shall get an RSVR hanger off ebay later and then I can measure everything up while its in bits.

Hopefully that way I can sort out getting all the bits made/modified over the summer and then get the swingarm out over the winter to check everything, get the lug welded in and then get the arm refinished.

Thanks for your help.

Jon

you are welcom and good luck

Have you thought about getting a carrier made from scratch to mount a tiddler of a scooter front caliper mounted? That way you don't need spacers making and I doubt you'd need to do anything with the disc either.

Have you thought about getting a carrier made from scratch to mount a tiddler of a scooter front caliper mounted? That way you don't need spacers making and I doubt you'd need to do anything with the disc either.

It had crossed my mind, but given the design of the RSVR carrier and the caliper it holds it should be a pretty easy job, and be pretty tidy once complete.

To make it even simpler I have have also found out the SRAD and RSVR both have 220mm rear discs, meaning my to-do list is only :

- Increase the size of the spindle hole in the carrier to take the SRAD spindle.

- Weld a lug onto the inside of the swingarm to stop the carrier spinning

- Get new spacers made to maintain the wheel position and centre the disc in the caliper.

Furthermore the design of the RSVR hanger means there is the potential to mill something off each face, and there is also the possibility of adding a space to the brake disc, which will hopefully mean I can line it all up by just replacing the spacer between the hanger and the wheel.

We shall see once I have all the measurements and the Aprilia hanger in my oily mits !

One thing that is going round in my mind is how to refinsh the swingarm, dont really want to powdercoat it black seeing as I have a silver frame, but do I really want a silver powdercoated swingarm that doesnt match the anodised frame :eusa_think:

Jon

have you sourced an RSV hanger? i've just found one in my spares cache if you want it, it's yours.

Oooh, was just about to have a look on evilbay !

I don't know my Aprilia's very well, does I look like this :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aprilia-RSVR-Factory-RSV-Mille-Tuono-Rear-Brake-Caliper-Hanger-Bracket-Mount-/190818153303?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2c6da5f357

If so, shoot me a pm and let me know what condition its in, and what you want for it.

Cheers

Jon

No, it has one less hole, like this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/aprilia-rsv-factory-rsvr-mille-tuono-rear-brake-caliper-hanger-mount-/321083389340?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item4ac20fb59c

......only a lot dirtier, the dimensions are the same afaik, don't know what the extra wee hole is for.

PM your address and i'll send it you, it doesn't owe me owt.

Archived