3D Shed - Improvement Suggestions Appreciated.

vfiend

Personally, I would take the walls down and build new..walls that old must be weak because of age and weather?.

This is sensible, then I could rebuild to suit my shed, lay with damp course and even lay timbers direct into the brick.

But it'd take me a week or two of days to do and I've the whole house to do, the garden walls are just something I'm going to have to accept as is I'm afraid.

If I had the money I suppose I could get someone in to do that while I was doing other things (or at work), but I just don't have a spare grand.

Anyway, back to work as my browning mix is going off...

I'll get a builder mate to check the double brick walls for a second opinion.

The single brick wall needs repointing as the upper bit is a little 'loose', but this is as the other end to the shed.

It might end up with me repointing any areas of weak mortar to help keep it solid,

damn sight quicker and easier than taking it down brick by brick, cleaning off mortar and rebuilding.

(I wouldn't use new bricks, I'm steadily replacing new bricks that have been patched in with new around the house.)

Im sure I read somewhere or seen something on the telly about a place that makes new old bricks, Yeah, I know sounds daft. but what they do is they make new bricks from moulds from the era of your old bricks..cant for the life of me remember the name of the company though.. so a bit of pointless typing from me. :lol:

Archived