R1 Disc Diameters

Superdunc

Help! Pottering away on one of my projects this afternoon and I've run into a bit of an oversight.

I'm fitting a Marvic mag wheel from an early R1 to a pair of 916 forks which are in turn going on a GSXR1100. Still following me?

I've machined new spacers to fit the spindle, then machined down the Marvic Disc carriers down so the R1 Discs will be the same track as the Ducati Calipers. All this has gone swimingly until I've just gone to assemble it all.

It's at this point that I've relised that the R1 discs I have are 300mm diameter rather than the 320mm diameter tne Ducati forks and calipers are designed for. Arse.

Did any of the earlier model R1s have 320mm discs?

Yes the 04's have 320's but have a different number of mounting points, later R1 went down to 310s but can't remember from which year

Yes the 04's have 320's but have a different number of mounting points, later R1 went down to 310s but can't remember from which year

2008, 4c8. Ap and pfm did 320mm narrow track discs for the 4xv type wheels, the calipers that went with them should go straight on your duc forks too if I remember

2008, 4c8. Ap and pfm did 320mm narrow track discs for the 4xv type wheels, the calipers that went with them should go straight on your duc forks too if I remember

Braketech also do a 320mm narrow track rotor to suit 98-01 r1.

I've got a set of pfm's surplus from my 04 r1 320 mil and just gone on the bay @ £180

No good for the op dude, different mount points.

fjr1300 discs from 2007 on are 320mm and have a six hole bolt pattern, I have these fitted to my (2002) R1

Brilliant, that could save me a lot of hassle thanks.

@ Kit- parts. I spotted your PFMs on ebay, very nice, but this is a budget build using up what I have.

fjr1300 discs from 2007 on are 320mm and have a six hole bolt pattern, I have these fitted to my (2002) R1

Do they have the same offset?

And what caliper bracket/adapter did you use?

Do they have the same offset?

And what caliper bracket/adapter did you use?

yes, they have the same offset, zero (flat)

my front end is a bit more complicated, Ohlins R&T forks, with Brembo radial brakes

P8180027.jpg

yes, they have the same offset, zero (flat)

my front end is a bit more complicated, Ohlins R&T forks, with Brembo radial brakes

P8180027.jpg

Nice setup mate, and good to know about those discs. :thumbsup:

This website mentioned in a previous thread (i forget who to give credit to) is brilliant for all your disc specs:

http://metalgear.com...tre-p-6291.html

That is a work of awesomeness for checking brake specs.

I've been struggling to find the relative offset of my OW disks in relation to the same fitment disks widely used on 916's, Mille, FZR1000, YZF750 etc.

But now I know, and it's not as simple as some would say - I know at least one manufacturer who reckons this latter bunch are all the same, but the offset varies subtly into 2 groups.....tut tut.

Back to thread - just wanted to say thanks!

FJR Discs aquired and fitted. Spot on thank you.

Archived