Ruined My Alpinestars. Help!

crumpy

I've been using my GPpro two piece for years. I wore it to the dragon rally under a waterproof layer and drove home 300 miles-ish through some of the coldest and wettest weather I've ever seen. My leathers were pretty wet and when I got home I hung my jacket up but STUPIDLY left my trousers insde the waterproof trousers on the floor. 48 hours later I came back and picked them up to find them absolutely covered in mould, inside and out.

I stuck them in the washing machine and dried them slowly over two days but they still reek of mould. What do I do now? they are getting a bit crinkly from getting soaked and then dried repeatedly but I'm pretty sure I can remedy that with leather treatment products. How can I sort out the mould/stink though? just keep washing?

Get them professionally cleaned. If you've not ruined them already by sticking them in the machine, once more may be enough to finish them off.

now im only asking, but are you saying you put leather trousers in a wash machine?

Actually my dad did without asking me while I wasn't around....

I was worried, but to be honest it hasn't seemed to have done any damage.

Anybody know any good reputable leather workers in the london area.

In Germany there is a guy that does Intermot that makes a living selling stuff to clean leather in washing machines.

Mad (but possible)

Mould ain't nothing new - we've all done it.

I use a silver based sanitiser which kills all the organic compounds in the mould and stops it smelling in about 2 days. It has done a good job on anything I've tried it on, and it seems to have worked for everyone else who has used it too.

It's only available in small bottles though, but one would see you right for a set of leathers I reckon.

OK, OK, it's one of my products!, but I shit you not, I use it, it works, and others in exactly the same boat have too.

pm me and I'll send you a bottle FoC - you can tell me if it works for you.

tsk, I write an advert into the post and then I go and give it away. I'll never get rich at this rate. :eusa_think:

:biggrinvk4:

Googleing the washing machine thing, it seems that quite a few people wash their leathers in the washing machine successfully.

That's most kind toosmooth. pm coming your way.

In Germany there is a guy that does Intermot that makes a living selling stuff to clean leather in washing machines.

Mad (but possible)

Mould ain't nothing new - we've all done it.

I use a silver based sanitiser which kills all the organic compounds in the mould and stops it smelling in about 2 days. It has done a good job on anything I've tried it on, and it seems to have worked for everyone else who has used it too.

It's only available in small bottles though, but one would see you right for a set of leathers I reckon.

OK, OK, it's one of my products!, but I shit you not, I use it, it works, and others in exactly the same boat have too.

pm me and I'll send you a bottle FoC - you can tell me if it works for you.

tsk, I write an advert into the post and then I go and give it away. I'll never get rich at this rate. :eusa_think:

:biggrinvk4:

I'd be interested in obtaining some of this stuff, is it the Lidfresh stuff on your website?

now im only asking, but are you saying you put leather trousers in a wash machine?

For fucks sake, he wears a huge crinkle-cut crisp on his face to keep warm.

You cannot expect him to understand the complexities of material properties and laundry care.

Renapur leather cleaner....the instructions tell you to get the leather wet to use it. Give them a bloody good soaking, then scrub them up a bit with a sponge/nylon brush and Renapur. Then, when they are still damp, give them a good going over with Renapur leather feed. I once restored a set of leathers that were as stiff as cardboard and covered in mud, muck and mould this way (I used a garden hose on them!). They came out lovely and supple.

Just dont try to dry them with heat...let them dry out in a room naturally.

Embrace the mould, sloths use it as a natural protection, so should you.

Hideout leathers getting my all in one to have a nip and tuck and my two piece trousers to gain four inches lol

Its funny how your leather seem to shrink as you get older isnt it? :eusa_think:

Hideout are great arent they? Took my Spidi 2 piece leathers to them for a quote to get a small piece of stitching repaired. They took them into a back room, i assumed for assesment and a few mins later came back with them all repaired and just asked for a fiver! Very pleased.

Archived